Friday 22 July 2011

Day 32 - Ag(! We're h)aw(f w)a(y!)

Yes, a milestone today as we reached the official halfway point. Chelsea and Nieka (my phone wants to say nutella) met us at km 75 with sandwiches and treats.


This was our first good view of Lake Superior and, well, it might as well be an ocean. I dipped my feet in and imagined that I was connected to the Atlantic.


I was on my own the whole day, although I saw Ilan and Owen pulling out of the lunch stop as I came in, and three others coming in as I left. I also bumped into the young woman and her dad that I had seen weeks ago. Fortunately this time it wasn't while I was talking to myself on the bike (I did do quite a bit of that today). It's nice to see that they're still rolling along.

The campground here is right on the beach and as I write this I'm lying on the sand with the sun setting in front of me. Not bad at all.



Butt report: improving. Between 6 and 8 today.

Today's track
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.3

2 comments:

  1. Camping by the beach seems like paradise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was talking to my German boss, Knut and my other boss, Dick, about your great adventure - they were quite impressed. Knut said a relative had cycled between Spain and Germany which was quite interesting, "But Canada," he said, "-wow! You can really say you saw the country if you do that!" He's quite athletic himself, but was very impressed. Way to go Landon - half way is amazing! Take care of yourself - happy trails!

    ReplyDelete