Sunday 17 July 2011

Day 28 - Thunder (-ing across the country) Bay

The ride into Thunder Bay was a piece of cake - less than 70 km with the wind at our backs. We had lots of time to stop and check out Kakabeka Falls.



After a foot long sub for lunch and pizza at around 3 pm, I forgot about food for a while, but by 8:00 I was shaking with hunger and there was absolutely nothing to eat within walking distance. Reluctantly, Chris and I got back on our bikes and rode to Swiss Chalet. We got our meals to go so we wouldn't have to find our way back in the dark, and decided to stop into Shopper's on the way for some butt meds.

Unwilling to wait any longer before eating, I had my supper outside on the garbage can while watching the bikes as Chris did his shopping.


Now that's atmosphere! Then we switched places and I went in to get the same thing he had just bought: Zincofax (diaper rash cream) and baby powder. I wonder what was going through the mind of the woman on the cash.

Four of the eight riders on the trip are now Zincofax users. Maybe we should consider sponsorship...


Today's track

Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.3

3 comments:

  1. Let me know when you're coming through Montreal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. re: shoppers visit

    She probably thought you guys were involved in some sort of dare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somehow takes me back to when you announced proudly to a team gathering that you had discovered SOAP. :) One additional suggestion to think about -- with all that chafing, there might also be fungal involvement -- you might want to add athlete's foot ointment to the medicinal treatment.

    David T

    ReplyDelete