Tuesday 19 July 2011

Thunder Bay Rest Day

I forgot to mention how hot it was on the days leading up to Thunder Bay. I remember arriving in Chabaqua Corners covered in a shining later of sweat, dirt and sunscreen. The value of a post-ride shower cannot be overemphasized on days like those.

At Lakehead University, we were in 80's era townhouses.


I spent most of the rest day around the house catching up with email and reading. The coolest place in the house was on the living room floor, on the orange carpet that was probably as old as the building. I read my book there for a while, drifting in and out of sleep.

At one point, I psyched myself up to get on the bike for an errand, and rode by streets with names like "Tungsten" and "Alloy". It definitely had the feeling of an industrial town, from what I saw of it.

Unfortunately, I failed in my mission to try Thunder Bay's local delicacy, the "Persian" pastry. Persian Man was closed. Something for next time!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.3

No comments:

Post a Comment