Saturday 25 June 2011

Day 9 - Lake Louise (she's high)

It's 10:20 and I'm beat, so this will be a quick one. We crossed the continental divide today and entered the province of Alberta.

I reached the highest elevation of the trip at Lake Louise, about 1700 m. It's all downhill from here!


The weather was all over the place again. I rode through sunshine, rain, hail and wet snow. My footwear solution today was a plastic bag:


It kinda worked but I might try to find something better in Calgary.

Tension grew when we reached the campsite and found that the tents were to be set up far away from the truck. As a result, the truck was moved and supper was delayed for a couple of hours. A bit of a low point in terms of morale, but I'm sure it will be quickly forgotten.


Today's track

Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.2

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your ride!
    From Russia with love,
    Egor & Yulia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Landon - I'll inform my friends you've made it over the Rockies - wahoo! Enjoy the well deserved downhill.

    Margo

    ReplyDelete