Sunday 26 June 2011

Day 10 - Banff (de soleil)

A short ride today, only about 70 km over the lovely Bow Valley Parkway. For the first time, I spent the entire ride on my own. I was hoping that I would bump into the others so we could check out Johnston Canyon, but it was not to be. Alone and without a bike lock, I only made it to the trail head.


It reminded me of 5 years ago, when I was stuck in the same parking lot with a flat tire. The curse continues.

Due to light rain, I didn't get a lot of pictures. The ones I did get all look the same, at least on my phone. Lotsa mountains. Here's one:


My internal soundtrack for the ride was "Here I Go Again" by Whitesnake and "Weather With You" by Crowded House. Both were appropriate. Riding in the tailwind, it really did feel like I was taking the weather with me. The trick was to find a nice sunny spot and ride at just the right speed so I was always in a spot of sun. It sounds far fetched but it really worked.

In Banff, we set up at a massive camp ground with a view of a massive piece of rock. Here, a contemplative Graham gives a sense of scale:


For supper, we were treated by one of Ilan's connections at an Anglican church. It was funny to see everyone on their best behavior. I felt like letting loose a flood of F-bombs the minute we left the place to relieve the tension. Not quite in my character though.


Today's track

Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.2

1 comment:

  1. Maybe on another ride, your internal tune should be Vivaldi-Spring. teeheehee

    ReplyDelete