Friday 24 June 2011

Day 8 - Golden (...showers...)

Climbing Rogers Pass in the pouring rain, the word that kept going through my mind was "epic". After going through some tunnels...


...with Chris and Isabel, I put the hammer down in the hope of powering through the rain storm.
My way of coping was to talk to myself in my best action-movie-preview voice, with cheesy lines like, "one man must conquer the elements," or "only one thing can get in his way... himself", etc. It actually helped, though I'm sure I got some weird looks from passing motorists.

At the crest of Rogers Pass, the weather started to clear up...


And after a hot dog and tuna sandwich, I was feeling not too bad. From there, the ride to Golden was a hodge podge of various weather. Hot sun, light rain, thundershowers and Owen even encountered some hail.


Tonight we're staying indoors, which is always welcome after a wet day. As I write this, my clothes are tumbling away in the dryer, almost ready for the next onslaught.


Today's track

Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.2

No comments:

Post a Comment