Friday 24 June 2011

Day 7 - (Fat) Albert Canyon (...hey, hey, hey!)

The sun did come out today, but only after a rain soaked ride. It was a challenge for a number of reasons. It was long (127 km), and because of the low cloud cover there wasn't much to look at. Also, because we were on the Trans Canada, there was lots of traffic, which makes it harder to relax.

At one point, as the rain was coming down, I became mesmerized by the rain drops collecting on the brim of my cap. Every half a minute our so a new one would form, dance back and forth on the brim in time with my pedal strokes, and then fall.

Along the ride, I passed the site of the last spike in the Canada Pacific railway. Suddenly I feel inspired to read Pierre Burton's book. Is it any good?


At the campsite, the sun came out just in time to dry our tents and other gear. Bill bought me a beer and we sat in the sun doing absolutely nothing and loving it.


As I write this, it's 9:30, my eyes are getting heavy and a freight train is squeaking past. Somebody put some WD40 on that thing!


Today's track

Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.2

No comments:

Post a Comment