Friday 17 June 2011

Day 2 - Hope (springs eternal)

The route today felt like it was all downhill thanks to a generous tailwind.

I rode most of it with Chris, a recent engineering grad, and Isabella, a retired phys ed teacher.


Despite an underinflated tire, she had no trouble keeping up with two guys whose combined ages are still well less than hers. Inspiring!

I forgot to pack sandwiches today but that didn't matter because we had a great lunch at the Oasis in Agassiz.

After the ride, Ilan, Bill and I checked out one of the old tunnels of the Kettle Valley railway. That would be a nice spot to explore more another time.


And here's a look at the whole group before the roll off yesterday.


Psyched for a serious climbing day tomorrow!


Today's track

Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.1

2 comments:

  1. Love the creativity with the destination names. I look forward in seeing what you can cook up with the next destination's name. That tunnel looks cool. I wouldn't mind going there with you some time. I see that you have passed a place that we had orginally planned to go to (Harrison hot springs). Landise long time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Landon. Just wanted to let you know that I am enjoying following your saga.

    David Trueman

    ReplyDelete