Friday 17 June 2011

Day 1 - Mission (accomplished)

First day on the road, starting in familiar territory. We took the scenic route along False Creek, got a dose of reality along Hastings and then followed one of my training routes to Port Moody.

What a beautiful day to roll off.

For me, the theme of the day was absent mindedness. I left locked my key in the residence building and had to get a temporary one from the administration building in order to retrieve it, while the rest of the group is rolling off. I forgot my plastic cup somewhere. For several minutes I thought I had dropped the case containing my glasses along the route (they were on the table by our tents). I took a shower and then realised I had forgotten my towel.

But aside from these little mishaps it was a great day. A fairly flat, short and slow ride, so a good way to get started. The campground is at a fish hatchery, so we were treated to some delicious fresh halibut. Quote of the day from Chelsea, the cook: "I have the feeling it's going to be expensive to keep you fed." That might be an understatement.




Today's track

Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.1

2 comments:

  1. Aww, I am glad my man is eating (....alot). Ho good news! Landise long time! Which tent is yours btw?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah - food - you take advantage of having a full-time chef - might never happen again...maybe you can even put on a couple pounds - yeah right!

    Margo

    ReplyDelete