Monday 20 June 2011

Day 3 - Manning (up) Park

Today we climbed 1000 meters under relentless showers, descended a bit and then climbed over the Allison Pass.


I didn't get many pictures due to the rain and my desire to get to camp as soon as possible.

The North Shore mountains prepared me well for this ride. Thanks to that preparation, a light bike and taller gearing, I passed the rest of the group on the road and got into camp first.

The highlight of the ride was when Owen's wife Barb unexpectedly drove along and gave us Timbits as we climbed the pass. I can safely say that we all greatly enjoyed those Timbits.

A few bear sightings too. I saw one right on the shoulder, only a few meters from me. Fortunately it had no interest in me whatsoever.

Unfortunately the shower facilities here at the campground are out of order because someone stole all the copper pipes. So we're roughing it. Truly a day to "man up".


Today's track

Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.1

No comments:

Post a Comment