Monday 27 June 2011

Day 11 - Calgary (stampeding)

A longish ride from Banff to Calgary today. The plan called for 145 km but we all took a more direct route that shaved off 10 - 20 k. Well, my route was a little less direct because I went the wrong way leaving the campground and did an extra tour of the town. It was a good day to have GPS.

The day started out cold. It was about 6 degrees as we ate breakfast and got our bikes ready.


After my navigational mishap, I made good time along this nice bike path that follows the trans-Canada through Banff national park...


and caught up with Chris and Jim, who I rode with for the rest of the day. Eventually, we cleared the mountains and entered the foothills. A welcome change of terrain, accompanied by a welcome increase in temperature.


Now we're in a beautiful new residence at the University of Calgary, getting ready for a well deserved day off.


Today's track

Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.2

No comments:

Post a Comment