Tuesday 28 June 2011

Calgary Rest Day

Rest day is a bit of a misnomer on this trip, since there'd usually lots to do. One nice thing about being in a new, empty residence building is the abundance of washing machines. Now all my clothes are lemon fresh.

A few of us went downtown to MEC, since there's always something there that you need. I got a chain cleaner and got my drivetrain nice and shiny, while making my hands disgustingly grimy.

Wandering around the U of C campus, I came across this sculpture, tucked away behind some trees:


The plaque says it was a gift from the steel fabricators association or something like that. Seems like one of those gifts you open and say "oh, isn't that... interesting!"
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.2

2 comments:

  1. Though....that "art" piece is screaming "climb me, climb me"

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sculpture could date the round obscene one on the Dal campus, if opposites attract.
    We have been following your blog and Maddy can't wait to see Banff after seeing your pics. She also laughed at your movie outtake coping skills!

    ReplyDelete