Tuesday 23 August 2011

Day 58 - New Glasgow

Today's route was almost exactly the reverse of yesterday. I feel like a shark circling its prey (Halifax). The winds were high again today and for the first half of the ride I seemed to be riding straight into it most of the time. That foiled my plan to catch a glimpse of the tour riders coming over the causeway. They were probably long gone by the time I got there.


Riding over the causeway was not the most fun due to the extreme crosswinds and no paved shoulder. Fortunately, a truck driver was kind enough to to wait, holding up a train of cars behind him (or her).

Outside Antigonish, I stopped at the Dragon Fly Cafe, as recommended by a secret inside source. I had the ham and swiss panini and pasta salad, and it could very well have been the best lunch I've had this summer.

From there I continued on the same old 104 I had traveled yesterday. The ride was about 10 k shorter than I expected and that always makes for a refreshed feeling at the end of the day. Currently I'm relaxing at the Tara motel (it's on the rustic side but it'll get the job done), hoping for an early start to the grand finale tomorrow.

Today's track
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.3

1 comment: