Tuesday 23 August 2011

Day 57 - River Bourgeois

It was a day of goodbyes as I left the Tour Trans Canada group to finish my personal goals. The gang of four did one last ride together to the Linwood campsite, taking the shortest possible route along the 104, shaving over 30 km from the Bud route. That made my total about 140 for the day. Here we are, head-on for once:


It was extremely breezy today and whenever we headed south we got one of the stiffest headwinds we've seen on the whole trip. Overall, it felt like a long ride. That's probably also because the roads were mostly familiar and not too interesting to me. It was a great feeling to finally roll down Boyd's Lane to the old homestead. My odometer read 10,076 km at the bottom of the hill. That includes all my training and about 1,000 km from last year. When I get back to Vancouver, I'll be able to figure out how much of that was since the beginning of the trip.


Now, on to Halifax!


Today's track

Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.3

No comments:

Post a Comment