Thursday 4 August 2011

Day 42 - Elgin (the night away...)

I could swear I heard rain coming down on my tent this morning but I guess it was just the wind. It's always nice to open the tent to dry grass.

I left on my own this morning well after the others. Since it was to be a short (110 km) day, I didn't see the point in rushing. The route continued along the loyalist parkway, with the lake on the right and more vineyards and a few cool industrial things on the left. By the (nuclear?) power plant was this post-apocalyptic looking streetlight.


I breezed through Kingston, pushed along by the call of nature. It's easier to heed the call outside of cities where I can use the bushes, as opposed to running into a store and leaving the bike out of sight for precious minutes. Just outside of Kingston, the sky looked like this:


And soon after that, the rain started. It wasn't so bad riding in the rain today. It was reasonably warm and wasn't coming down too hard. I was comfortable enough to take a side trip to Jones Falls, where some of the old locks of the Rideau Canal system are still operated by hand, 180 years after they were first built.



Today's track

Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.3

No comments:

Post a Comment