Wednesday 13 July 2011

Selkirk Rest Day

The day in Selkirk was the most restful of any rest day so far. I went for a walk to the grocery store, watched some TV, cleaned my chain, and that was about it.

There are a lot of churches in Selkirk. I guess the bible belt extends into Canada here. Here's a church sign we found amusing:


Another thing I noticed that is probably not interesting to anyone but myself was this AMC Eagle from around 1980, not long before AMC disappeared into oblivion:


The Eagle was ahead of its time in introducing four wheel drive in a wagon, way before Subaru grabbed onto that niche. This example was in such good condition, I wondered how the owner maintained it. Then I noticed no fewer than seven parts cars on the same lot. I guess that's how.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.2

No comments:

Post a Comment