Wednesday 27 July 2011

Day 36 - (sim)Miller Lake

Today we concluded our short day on Manitoulin Island, taking the ferry to the Bruce Peninsula on the other side of Lake Huron.


It was a strange day that involved a lot of sitting around and only 84 km of riding. The ferry ride was exhausting in its own monotonous way. I fell asleep with my head resting on the edge of a cafeteria table, waking just as a line of drool was about to separate from my gaping mouth.

After that, I wandered around the ship, watching the crew perform a fire drill and picking up a pamphlet for Misery Bay Park (the name caught my attention). It was a worthwhile read because I learned that the parking lot-esque geological feature I had noticed yesterday is called an "alvar" and this area had some of the best examples in the world. Chris and I both had "Pave Paradise" in our heads this morning.

Butt report: steady at 8 today. Things are looking up!


Today's track

Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.3

1 comment:

  1. That passing out story was hilarious - I've had to share it around - you must have been REALLY tired!

    ReplyDelete