Thursday 14 July 2011

Day 25 - Rendez-Vous at Fort Frances

It was another day of experimenting, this time with my saddle.


It's hard to go wrong with duct tape but the jury is still out on whether it helped with the bum chafing. The bottom line is that your rear end is going to be sore after 150 km no matter what.

It was as long day with headwinds the whole time. There was absolutely no civilization to be found...


...between km 50 and km 100 and this caught a couple people off guard. Chris ran out of food and Graham ran out of water, and they both struggled as a result.

I rode alone for the whole day, catching up with Jim, Rick and Graham just in time for lunch in Nestor Falls. This worked well for me because I could always go at my own pace and that pace changed dramatically depending on how I felt from minute to minute. I also took very short breaks every 10 km or so and I think that helped.

We're staying indoors tonight at La Place Rendez-Vous overlooking another huge lake... Rainy Lake I think. It's so big, it even has seagulls.


We can hear the water lapping onto the beach from our room and that is a comforting sound to a shore dweller like me.


Today's track

Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.2

No comments:

Post a Comment