Sunday 10 July 2011

Day 22 - Selkirk (... yup, Selkirk)

Today was supposed to be the flattest day on the tour and it delivered. It was 120 km of pancake flat prairie, with the occasional hay bale,


A few flooded areas,


And flies that were able to keep up with us at 25 km/h. Riding behind Chris, I could see literally a swarm of insects around him. At one point we were forced to ride faster because they were starting to bite us.

Now we're in a hotel in Selkirk, about 35 km north of Winnipeg. If I feel ambitious tomorrow I might get a bus into the city, but it's more likely that I'll hang around and do nothing. There's a Smitty's next door and a McDonald's and Subway next to that, so I'd say we have everything we need for a lazy day.


Today's track

Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.2

No comments:

Post a Comment