Friday 8 July 2011

Day 20 - Minne-do(h!)-sa

OI knew things were going too smoothly. Today just was not my day. It started out okay. There was a vigorous but manageable headwind. There was just enough cloud cover to keep the temperature comfortable. We were on a quiet road, taking it easy and tyaking in the sights.


Then, about 60 km in, my right knee started to feel not quite right. It's not unusual for me to feel a little knee pain now and then, but this persisted. It could be my punishment for pushing too hard yesterday. On the bright side, it is easy to manage. The pain goes away as long as I stay below a certain speed, kinda like the movie with Keannu Reeves except instead of 60 mph it's 15 km/h (and much less exciting to watch). It's frustrating going at a slower pace but I'm quite happy to do it if it means I can ride another day.

Later on, I got a flat. That's always annoying. And when I finally got to camp, I realized that my GPS track had not been recorded for the day. D'oh! Considering all this, I'm in good cheer. I still get fed (a lot) whether I'm first to camp or last.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.2

2 comments:

  1. Ah, sounds like you have not escaped The Boyd Knee. Did you know that all 3 of your sister sibs have had knee trouble? For this I had to give up running. Anyway, sounds like you are treating it with proper respect so I have high hopes that all will be well. If not, try binding your leg with an elastic bandage or tape, above the knee joint (around lower thigh) and make sure to keep knee aligned nicely over ankle while cycling. A shot in the dark but works for me!
    Drive safely, we are watching your progress and think you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that top shot of the old buildings on the Prairie!

    ReplyDelete