Thursday 18 August 2011

Day 54 - Pointe du Chene

From camp, the gang of four headed out on the number 1 divided highway. This started out well with the large paved shoulder we had enjoyed yesterday, but before too long the shoulder disappeared, and with it my peace of mind. Although there wasn't much traffic, it wasn't my idea of a good time. I convinced the others to take the next exit onto a side road and was glad we did. All of a sudden, we could see more than just trees. There were houses, fields, rivers and other non-tree objects. Something to think about besides whether you were about to become a hood ornament on the 18-wheeler approaching from behind.


Owen led the way through the Moncton area since it was his stomping ground for many years. We even rode by his old house outside of Riverview, parts of which he had built with his own two hands. I think Owen's been having a good time through this part of the trip, catching up with family and friends in the area and indulging in his favourite local cuisine: the Pizza Delight super donair.

Through Moncton, we got on the 15, another divided highway, this time with a more shoulder but also more traffic. We made good time but I confess that I didn't enjoy the riding a ton.

At the camp site we had my ultimate meal: salmon (perfect cooked) with grilled potatoes and cauliflower with cheese sauce, followed by strawberry rhubarb pie. It was my second-to-last camp supper and one of the best.

After supper I took a short ride to the beach and dipped my toes in Atlantic salt water. The end is in sight!



Today's track

Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.3

No comments:

Post a Comment