Saturday 14 May 2011

Wheelsuckers Anonymous

Another ride over the Alex Fraser bridge into Delta today. This time I added a loop of Annacis Island to bring the total distance up to 101k.

On the way back I had my first encounter with so-called "wheelsuckers". These are cyclists who ride close behind you, essentially using you as a wind breaker. A guy and a girl sat on my wheel silently for about 10k. Even when I slowed down a bit, they didn't flinch. Actually I was flattered that they would want to ride my wheel for so long, but it was a bit odd that they never said anything, like "hello", or "mind if we sit on?" I'll assume that they were too exhausted trying to keep up to say anything. You've gotta find positive reinforcement where you can.

Today's track.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment