Wednesday 11 May 2011

Special Delivery

A very soggy but satisfying 46k ride with a couple of hills thrown in today. Unfortunately I forgot to turn on my GPS so no track. I did take a picture from my favorite bridge though, the Canada Line bridge into Richmond:


As you can see, it's a typical Vancouver spring day and my ride was through almost exclusively industrial real estate. I kind of wonder how much the training benefit of this ride was offset by the soot and fumes inhaled from passing trucks.

In other news, I was delighted to receive a shipment of bike parts from Ireland.


I figure I might as well start the trip with fresh brake pads, cables, cogs and a new chain (and I'll probably want to replace the chain again before the end of the trip).

I also got a supposedly bulletproof Conti Gator Hardshell tire to go on the back. This is to replace a Bontrager tire I recently bought. The Bontrager seems to be durable enough, but I'm hoping the more expensive Conti will ride better. Either way, it's good to have a backup.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment